When your go-to shapes like square and almond aren't cutting it, coffin nails are a terrific way to add some edge to your mani.
When Halloween season arrives, coffin fall nails are much better.
Don't be frightened off by the creepy name; this form is aggressive and entertaining.
Let's start with the fundamentals if you're into the technical stuff:
Coffin nails are exactly what they sound like.
"Traditionally, coffin shaped nails are longer nails with a square or straight top and generally taper considerably towards the tip," says Emily Rudman, designer of Emilie Heathe.
“Another frequent design is the ballerina, which is a bigger version of the coffin shape—the two are sometimes used interchangeably.”
Coffin fall nail designs are a wonderful alternative for individuals who want to give their fingers a more extended look as the leaves start to fall.
The length is sure to turn heads, and the proper fall nail designs won't make you feel like you're dressed up as a pumpkin spice latte.
Longer nails have been utilized as a tool for artistic expression and personal style for years, according to Rudman.
“The more nails you have, the bigger the canvas you have to work with.
Many of the nail trends we see come from Black, Asian, and Latinx cultures from a cultural viewpoint.
And with those cultures in America making more of a statement while owning their contributions to the country,
Artists like Cardi B have been wearing extensions on their hands long before they became famous, and they've continued to show off new styles while also putting the individuals behind their eye-catching work on the map.
Jenny Bui, the long-time nail stylist behind many of Cardi and her sister Hennessy's blinged-out manis, is known for her stunning Swarovski crystal extensions.
Long nails are often seen on celebs ranging from Kylie Jenner to Dua Lipa, but this wasn't always the case.
In reality, “claws” wasn't always considered a praise.
“There is always appropriation,” Rudman adds. “In this case, longer nails were historically considered as ‘inappropriate' or ‘not classy.'”
"However, as the globe has changed and white cultures have adopted new beauty trends, the majority has become more accepting.
It's neither acceptable nor equitable, but it happens frequently."
As the world of beauty evolves, it's vital to remember the history of how the most recent trends came to be in order to give credit where credit is due.
Coffin nails are here to stay as a way to show off your uniqueness while also beautifying oneself.
If you've chosen to branch out from your go-to shape but need some fall acrylic nail inspiration, keep reading.
We've collected together 10 of the loveliest coffin autumn nails to save for your next salon appointment, from jeweled tips to a traditional French with a tropical twist.
After you find your inspiration from the designs above come by our nail salon location in the Galleria area in Houston.
Fizz Nail Lounge
4717 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77027
Types of Coffin Nails
• Icy Tips – A design of transparent tips, which look beautiful in every season, rain or shine, but especially good with fresh air and dark blue skies. The application of 3-D drops to give the manicure a wet appearance enhances it.
• French With a Twist - A traditional French manicure will never go out of style. If you're tired of white tips and want something a bit different, consider a bright blue. If you're still pining for summer, add some flowers to your manicure and watch your nails take you to a tropical getaway.
• Prints On – A creation of witty nail designs the experiment with big prints and bespoke decals, inspired by African American innovations such as the super soaker.
• Sparkly Decals - Mixing metals isn't only for jewelry; it can also be used on your nails. The trick is to also experiment with forms so that the various elements can truly shine. Take a when using gold writing accentuated with pearl baubles to add dimension. Another method to add some glitz. Don't only focus on the nail bed. If you're feeling daring, why not add a few hanging diamonds to your tips? This manicure was designed to be appreciated.
• Natural With an Edge - Sometimes, like with this glossy mani, it's better to get back to basics. The subdued hue is also an excellent transitional choice for individuals who are experimenting with or new to the additional length. However, if you want to update your neutrals, a color block is usually a smart option. In adding a chocolate brown marble effect to the accent nail. Playing with lines, like as a pointed French or a diagonal split, is a simple way to take your color block to the next level. Add some gold leafing to the edges to finish it off and give it a romantic feel.
• Ballerina Coffin - Experiment with the ballerina coffin for a more prominent coffin form.
Tapering occurs higher up on the nail, providing you with claws for days.
• Flip Manicure - For far too long, we've ignored the rear of our nails. A flip mani is your best choice if you truly want to shake things up. When visitors catch a glimpse of the glittering underside of your nail as you wave goodbye, they will be pleasantly delighted. This combination, another adorable flip manicure, flips bedazzling on its head. By adorning the underside, you may have the best of both worlds: silence on top and a party in the rear.
• Precious Gems - This amethyst set by a nail expert will elevate your hands to new heights while still looking very stylish. Everything looks better with gold accents. It turns out that these nails look great next to a marble pattern. If you're seeking for inspiration on how to connect the many designs together, look no further than this set: a few accents like gothic writing and metallic flakes pull everything together.
• Mixed Prints - When you can't decide between two options, choose all of them! This adorable mixed print manicure has thick swirls, a waterfall of gradient dots, and a glitter foundation. It sounds a little weird, but it looks fantastic. However, if you're looking for a theme, a childhood favorite, such as the Toy Story one seen above, is one option. The azure skies, Woody's plaid shirt...this contemporary interpretation is guaranteed to evoke a flood of childhood memories.
• Retro Lines - It's like a modernized version of your aunt's favorite dress from the 1980s.
You'll be set to hit the town with some gold hoops and a bright red lip.
Sources: glamour [The Coffin Nails Trends You'll Be Seeing Everywhere This Fall] Credits Instagram [@_slayedbyjayde @emilyheathnyc @clawedbychelly @_.clawedbytori @thenailshop.mj @coco_s_nailart @_elacoco_naillove_ @laquedlv @nailssbymk @ohsoprettyxo